Whāriki is the largest Māori business network, bringing together our whānau of more than
3200 Māori business owners and close to 1000 Māori professionals. Whāriki is a place to
connect, whakawhanaungatanga and is a foundational network to support the development
of Māori economic success. Over the next five years our mission is bold – to help double the
Māori economy in Aotearoa and we will use our network and our platform to accelerate Māori
entrepreneurial excellence. We are an agile group of like-minded individuals with strong
values and a passion for supporting the wider pakihi Māori community.
Whāriki Aotearoa Limited (we, us or our) is committed to protecting your personal
that we may collect when you become a member of the Whāriki Māori business network
(Network) or use any services associated with the Network (the Services) or access our
website, whariki.co.nz, and any related websites or applications operated by us or social
media accounts related to the Network, (the Website).
Information we may collect
We may collect personal information from you when you use our website or as a result of
you, or another person, becoming a member of the Network, including but not limited to:
- Name, email address, and contact information
- Billing and payment information
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender, and location
- Technical information, such as IP addresses and device information
- Usage information, such as your browsing history and search queries
- Information you provide when you communicate with us, such as via email or telephone
How We Use Your Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To include you in the Network database
- To display your Business Profile in our Directory
- To provide our services to you and to communicate with you about those services
- To process payments and billing information
- To email you invitations to events
- To analyze and improve our website and services
- To personalize your experience on our website
- To send you marketing and promotional materials that may be of interest to you
- To comply with legal obligations or to protect our rights, property, or safety
We may also automatically collect, or use third party service providers to collect, certain non-
personal information about you in relation to your use of the Website (Automatic
Information). This may include:
- information about your use of the Website, including the time you use or visit the Website, the location and time zone from which you use or visit the Website, how long you use or visit the Website for, what pages you view within the Website and what other websites you visit before and after;
- information about the actions that you take within the Website;
- information about your performance of your obligations under the Terms; and
- information about the device you use to access the Website, including your IP address and information about your mobile device (if you use a mobile device).
Sharing You Information
We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who help us to
provide our services to you, such as payment processors, email providers, and hosting
providers. We may also share your information with government authorities or law
enforcement agencies when required by law or to protect our legal rights.
We may share your information with our affiliates and business partners for marketing and
You can choose to opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional materials from us by
following the unsubscribe instructions in our emails. You may also request that we delete or
modify your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access,
use, or disclosure. We use industry-standard security measures, such as firewalls, encryption,
and secure servers, to protect your information. We will securely store your data using third
party storage services. The storage services we use to store Personal Information are
currently located in Australia.
However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic
storage is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your
You consent to us publishing your Profile information on the Website, and otherwise
publishing and disclosing that information in connection with the operation and promotion of
the Network. Profile information includes:
- name of the Business and a short description;
- iwi and region
- address and phone number (the latter is optional and can be selected on registration for the Network)
From time to time we may send you, and you agree to receive, emails and other promotions
relating to services or goods offered by us and our partners. You may opt out of receiving
those emails and other promotions at any time by following the opt-out instructions provided
in the relevant communication.
We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies through the Website. You may
disable cookies through your web browser but doing so may mean that you cannot use the
Website or that the functionality of the Website is reduced.
Changes to this Policy
or applicable laws. We will post the updated policy on our website and notify you of any
This policy will be reviewed periodically to ensure that it remains current and
appropriate for the company's needs. Any updates or changes to the policy will be
communicated to all employees in a timely manner.